Acne is the most common skin condition in America, affecting about 50 million. It can cause pronounced feelings of self-consciousness along with considerable physical discomfort. Fortunately, acne can be managed. Dr. Joseph C. Galitzin offers several acne treatments at his Peachtree City, GA, office, including chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Our team can recommend in-house treatments as well as a daily skin care routine to help you maintain clear, healthy skin. If you or someone you love is suffering with acne, we are prepared to help.
What Causes Acne?
Acne occurs due to a combination of factors. Puberty, pregnancy, and breastfeeding can all result in hormonal changes that trigger the excessive production of sebum, an oil that lubricates the skin. A combination of excess sebum and dead skin cells can cause pores to become clogged. Often, bacteria also becomes trapped in the clogged pore. As the bacteria multiply, inflammation occurs, resulting in pimples and other blemishes.
How Can Skin Care 5th Ave. Help?
Based on your needs, we can create a custom acne treatment plan to help you achieve clearer, healthier skin. These plans can involve:
GET RID OF ACTIVE ACNE AND REDUCE ACNE SCARS — WITH THE SPEED OF LIGHT. INDICATIONS • Mild to moderate inflammatory and pustular inflammatory acne vulgaris Forever Clear BBL™ destroys acne-causing bacteria, reduces inflammation and redness, and makes way for clear, healthy skin. Offer patients an alternative to expensive creams and medicine with undesired side effects. Forever Clear BBL is fast, comfortable, and non-invasive — with visible results after just one treatment, with no patient downtime. With the unique interchangeable Smart Filters™, Forever Clear BBL combines several wavelengths into a three-step acne treatment not available on other IPL devices.
- Laser Therapy: Our PicoSure® FOCUS™ and Fraxel® laser treatments use laser light to penetrate the skin and trigger a natural healing response. As the skin begins producing collagen as a result of the treatment, blemishes such as acne scars can begin to subside.
- Microdermabrasion: A special handheld tool is used to apply a stream of microcrystals that remove the uppermost layer of skin cells, triggering the growth of new skin tissue. Treatment also removes blackheads, a blemish that occurs when a hair follicle becomes trapped within a clogged pore.
- Chemical Peels: This treatment relies on the application of a chemical solution to achieve exfoliation. Superficial peels can reduce acne by about 50 to 95 percent, while deeper chemical peels can reduce acne scars.
These treatments may be prescribed alone or in combination. For the right patients, we can create a custom plan incorporating a variety of treatments to help you achieve a clearer, healthier complexion. It is important to note that these treatments may cause your skin to look red or irritated immediately after each session, but complexion gradually improves as your skin heals.
Our in-house treatments can help you achieve a dramatic initial reduction in acne, but maintaining your results will require a specific skin cleansing routine. It may also require making some healthy lifestyle changes.
By reducing the amount of carbohydrates you consume, you can avoid boosts in insulin that lead to increased sebum production.
Our team can recommend specific products to use on a daily basis to clean your skin and prevent the clogging of pores. Meanwhile, there is ample evidence that regular exercise, a healthy diet, and a schedule that budgets time for a good night's sleep can help you keep acne under control:
- Stress is known to exacerbate acne, and exercise is an outstanding way to minimize stress. It also increases blood flow and the delivery of oxygen to the skin, resulting in improved removal of cell waste. Be sure to shower after a workout, since sweat can contribute to clogged pores.
- Sleep is another important means of keeping stress under control, which can also result in a reduction in acne.
- By reducing the amount of carbohydrates you consume, you can avoid boosts in insulin that lead to increased sebum production and a greater amount of dead skin cells.
Schedule a Consultation
We are here to help if you or your child are suffering from acne. To book a consultation, please send us a message through our website or call (770) 487-2645 today.