Chemical peels use a special solution to exfoliate skin on the face, neck or hands to improve its overall appearance and texture. This skincare treatment can lighten hyperpigmentation, reduce wrinkling, and rejuvenate your appearance. Dr. Joseph Galitzin is a renowned expert in non-surgical skin treatments and is committed to providing detailed guidance to achieve optimal results. At Skin Care at 5th Ave in Peachtree City, GA, we offer varying levels of chemical peels to meet our patients’ unique needs. We can even provide a quick and convenient treatment on your lunch break.
What is a Chemical Peel?
During your treatment, our esthetician will apply a chemical solution to the outer layer of the skin to minimize cosmetic blemishes and concerns. As the chemical solution begins to work, it will exfoliate the outer layer of skin to reveal a beautifully rejuvenated, smoother layer.
Each type of chemical peel treats a different skin condition.
At Skin Care at 5th Ave, there are three different types of chemical peels we can provide:
- Mild: Also known as a superficial peel, this procedure can be completed in under an hour, making it a convenient option to complete during your lunch break. A mild chemical solution such as alpha-hydroxy acid will be used to address coarse skin and minor discoloration. Repeated procedures can be completed as necessary.
- Medium: For more moderate skin conditions such as age spots, freckles, and fine lines and wrinkles, a stronger chemical solution will be used. The doctor will apply glycolic or trichloroacetic acid that will penetrate the outer and middle layers of the skin. This procedure can be repeated every three weeks until desired results are attained.
- Deep: During this procedure, our esthetician will apply phenol or trichloroacetic acid to treat moderate to severe skin damage. Chemical peels at this level can only be completed once, but will penetrate the middle to deep layers of the skin to dramatically improve its appearance.
Is a Chemical Peel Right for You?
You may be an excellent candidate for this treatment if you struggle with:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Crow’s feet and smile lines
- Minor surgical scarring
- Acne and acne scarring
- Age spots or sunspots
- Melasma (dark patches)
- Dull-looking texture and skin tone
- Sagging skin
- Precancerous skin growths
Although chemical peels can treat a number of issues, it is not recommended for patients with darker skin tones or patients with current acne, skin infections, or sunburns. If you are currently pregnant, nursing, taking Accutane or Retin-A, or are prone to scarring, you may not qualify for this procedure. During your consultation, our esthetician will perform a thorough evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Risks and Benefits of Chemical Peels
The possible side effects of chemical peels include chemical burns, permanent scarring, and changes to the pigmentation of your skin. However, choosing to repair your skin with chemical peels performed by a trusted medical professional such as Dr. Galitzin can significantly reduce your risk for complications. Once the procedure is completed, skin will be extra sensitive, so it is imperative that you wear sunscreen and avoid the sun.
The many benefits of a chemical peel include:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Youthful and healthy-looking appearance
- Smoother, brighter-looking skin tone and texture
- Boosted self-confidence
- Reduced appearance of scarring and sunspots
Brighten Your Skin’s Appearance
A chemical peel can give you more youthful skin. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of chemical peels, contact our office today online or by calling (770) 487-2645 to schedule your consultation with one of our estheticians.